Top 10 books I read in 2017 (+ challenges update)

11:00

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! Here are my top 10 books that I read this year.

- Susan Dennard's books are always fantastic, and Windwitch was no different! I can't wait to get my hands on Sightwitch.
- The Dark Days Pact was a book I'd been desperate to get my hands on, and when it dropped through my letter box, I started it immediately. A wonderful addition to one of my favourite series!
 - Another historical book, which I obviously adore. The Ruthless Deeds has everything I want in a fantasy/history book, and I'm dying to read the sequel - which I've already preordered.
 - I honestly didn't know what to expect which this book, as classic adaptations can be a bit hit-or-miss, but I loved Hunted! I couldn't recommend this enough.
 - Elizabeth May's series is one of my favourite historical fantasies that I've ever read, and The Fallen Kingdom was the best ending I could ask for!
- I'm not going to lie, this book initially grabbed me because of how beautiful the cover was. I was pleasantly surprised with how gripping The Traitor's Kiss was, and am really glad that it's part of a series!
 - The Ends of the World was one of the best finales I've ever read, and I'm both sad, and glad that this series is over. I'm looking forward to seeing what Maggie has next.
 - Alex, Approximately is one of the best contemporary books I have ever read. I knew from the synopsis that the book would be up my street, but I was blown away by how breathtaking the story was.
 - Stalking Jack the Ripper was my favourite 2016 debut, and I knew that Hunting Prince Dracula would be as good - and it was, if not better. Kerri's storytelling is mindblowing!
 - Ruined is yet another fantasy that drew me in from the first page, and I flew through this and it's sequel, Avenged, in just a few days - a mean feat considering the slump I've been in. Bring on Allied!

I also set myself a few challenges this year, and I think I did alright!
That Artsy Reader Girl
9 out of 15 (60%)
The YA Book Traveler 
50 out of 50 (100%)
The YA Book Traveler 
25 out of 25 (100%)
The YA Book Traveler 
50 out of 50 (100%)

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Sophie has completed her goal of reading 100 books in 2017!
hide
Well, I now realise this was quite a long post, thanks for reading it all!
I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas/holiday season, and have a fantastic New Year! Let me know your favourite books for this year too.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love Susan Dennard's books!! I read The Ends of the World too and I loved it—best book of the trilogy!

    ReplyDelete