Review: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

10:00

P.S. I Like You
Series: None
Author: Kasie West
Published July 26th 2016 by Point

Goodreads Synopsis
Signed, sealed, delivered…

While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…
Goodreads

Review
I have adored Kasie West's books since I read one for the very first time. Every time she brings out a new book, I'm immediately intrigued, and with this book, that was no different. The premise was unlike any book I've read before, and because of Kasie's style, I was hooked from the first page.

The main character, Lily, is bored during chem class - like many students to come before her. When her teacher restricts her paper to one sheet, so that she makes only chemistry notes, and nothing else. To deal with this, she ends up writing the lyrics of her favourite song on the desk, and is surprised that the lyrics are finished by someone else, next time she's in that class. Somehow, she's made a pen pal, and when the notes become lengthier, and more personal, she finds herself falling for the person on the other side of the sheet.

I loved how Kasie dropped in hints here and there to point the way to the mystery 'pen pal'. We learnt who it was as Lily did, and I was very happy with the reveal. Unlike many other books, we didn't have to wait until the end of the book to find out; rather, Lily learnt who her pen pal was about half way through the book, though it took a while until both revealed themselves to each other. Because of this wait, and Lily knowing who it was she was falling for, and still falling harder, it made the book so much better to read.

Like you'll have guessed, the romance was so swoony! I sped through this book in a few hours, and had a grin on my face the entire time. Lily and her love interest had the best chemistry, and once they had the big reveal, the chemistry grew - and no, that's not a pun. Kasie gets better with every single book, and I think this is my favourite so far. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on By Your Side, and other future books by Kasie.

Dates Read:
September 9, 2016

Rating

5 Stars  

You Might Also Like

0 comments