Waiting on Wednesday: My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows

10:00

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is:

My Lady Jane
Series: None
Author: Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows
Published September 1st 2016 by Walker Books

Goodreads Summary
A comical, fantastical and witty re-imagining of the Tudor world, perfect for fans of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Lady Jane Grey, sixteen, is about to be married to a total stranger - and caught up in an insidious plot to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But that's the least of Jane's problems. She's about to become Queen of England. Like that could go wrong.

Why I'm waiting:
  • There's not enough around about Lady Jane Grey, who, in my opinion, was a tragic victim of the Tudors. If you know anything about me, you know I'm a history student, and the Tudors in particular have always been a favourite of mine. I've always felt sorry for the females in the family (except Lizzie, because she's a BAMF), and I can't wait to see how these amazing authors portray her!
  • I was lucky enough to be sent an ARC, and read it all in one sitting. It was fantastic, and keep an eye out for my review, coming later this month.
Are you waiting for this book? Have you already read it? Let me know :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVED MY LADY JANE!!! It was one of my TOP books in 2016 and has made its way on my all time favorites list. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete