Review: Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks #6) by Miranda Kenneally

10:00

Jesse's Girl
Series: Hundred Oaks #6
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Published July 7th 2015 by Sourcebooks Fire

Goodreads Synopsis
Practice Makes Perfect.

Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol.

But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?
Goodreads

Review
I seriously think this book may be my favourite of the Hundred Oaks series. Being English, and not all that interested in sport, I've found I can't really relate to the sportier aspects of the previous books. However, I didn't have the same difficulties here.

In Jesse's Girl, we follow Maya Henry, the younger sister of much loved Sam Henry (our fave from Finding Jordan), as she shadows the country music star, Jesse Scott, for career mentoring day. When I was at school we didn't have anything like this; the closest I could compare it too would be works experience week at the end of year 10 (aged 15), but even then, all I did was help out at the local primary school. Nothing anywhere near as exciting as shadowing a famous musician.

Something we all know Miranda succeeds at is writing swoon worthy boys, and Jesse Scott is no exception. Though Sam Henry will always hold a special place in my heart, Jesse may actually be my favourite of the Hundred Oaks boys. The relationship between himself and Maya was so wonderful, I honestly couldn't stop smiling. While it may have been far-fetched at times, it seemed real, and not rushed at all. I seriously hope we will be able to revisit Jesse and Maya in the future.

One of the best things about this book, hands down, was seeing Sam and Jordan again. They will always be my favourite Hundred Oaks couple, and seeing them in a proper, defined relationship, exactly as amazing as they were in Finding Jordan, was delightful. Considering there is another Henry kid, Anna, I hope she will be the protagonist of a future Hundred Oaks book.

All in all, Miranda's writing gets even better with each book, and I am so happy there will be two more. I loved how she branched outside of sport, and into music, and can't wait to see what she writes about in the future. Jesse's Girl was a wonderful, swoon worthy book, and everyone should just get this book, ASAP!

Dates Read:
July 13th, 2015

Rating
5 Stars  

You Might Also Like

0 comments