Waiting on Wednesday: This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

10:00

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is:

This Is Where It Ends
Series: None
Author: Marieke Nijkamp
Published January 5th 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire

Goodreads Summary
10:00 a.m.
The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.

10:02 a.m.
The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.

10:03
The auditorium doors won't open.

10:05
Someone starts shooting.

Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes from four different perspectives, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.

Why I'm waiting:
  • This book sounds amazing, and also very emotional. I've only ever read one book that discussed a school shooting, and even then, it was months after the event.
  • I have an ARC of this, and will be reading it very soon.

Are you waiting for this book? Have you already read it? Let me know :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. "This is Where it Ends" was pretty good - there are a lot of different POVs switching fairly frequently that gets a little frustrating, but I think you'll like the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised it had multiple PoVs - I hoping they're distinctive. I'm going to pick this one up this week I think, and am glad you enjoyed it!

      Sophie @ Sophie Reads YA

      Delete