Waiting on Wednesday: The Secret Fire (The Alchemist Chronicles #1) by C.J. Daugherty & Carina Rozenfeld

10:00

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is:

The Secret Fire
Series: The Alchemist Chronicles #1
Author: C.J. Daugherty & Carina Rozenfeld
Published September 10th 2015 by Atom

Goodreads Summary
French teen Sacha Winters can't die. He can throw himself off a roof, be stabbed, even shot, and he will always survive. Until the day when history and ancient enmities dictate that he must die. Worse still, his death will trigger something awful. Something deadly. And that day is closing in.

Taylor Montclair is a normal English girl, hanging out with her friends and studying for exams, until she starts shorting out the lights with her brain. She’s also the only person on earth who can save Sacha.

There’s only one problem: the two of them have never met. They live hundreds of miles apart and powerful forces will stop at nothing to keep them apart.

They have eight weeks to find each other.

Will they survive long enough to save the world? 

Why I'm waiting:
  • C.J. quickly became a favourite author of mine when I marathoned her Night School series. As soon as I found out she had a new series coming out in September, I immediately knew I'd need it.
  • The synopsis sounds like sheer perfection, and I can't wait to get a hold of this!
    • I've just read this one, and it was everything I thought it would be, and even better! My review will be up in 2 weeks :)

Are you waiting for this book? Have you already read it? Let me know :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've seen this one around quite a bit but I never knew what it was about. It sounds really interesting though!

    Can you believe September is next week. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, Amber! I love CJ's work, and this was no exception :) I can't believe it's nearly September either, I have to go back to uni in four weeks :0

      Delete