ARC Review: Endgame (Night School #5) by C.J. Daugherty

10:00

Endgame
Series: Night School #5
Author: C.J. Daugherty
Published June 4th 2015 by Little Brown/Atom (UK)

Goodreads Summary
Broken. Scattered. But not defeated.

The spy is gone but the cost has been high - the rebels at Cimmeria Academy have lost their leader and Carter West is missing. Nathaniel can taste victory. But Allie and the other survivors aren't done yet. First they have to get Carter back. Then they plan to make Nathaniel pay.

One way or another - the game must end.

Endgame is the thrilling fifth and final book in the internationally bestselling Night School series.
Goodreads

Review
See my reviews for previous books:
Night School (#1)
Legacy (#2)
Fracture (#3)
Resistance (#4)

I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

When I was approved for this eARC, I was so excited! Endgame was one of my most anticipated 2015 books, especially considering how Resistance ended. As soon as I was able to, I dove right in, and was so entranced by the book that I devoured it in less than a day!

Endgame begins immediately after the ending of Resistance - and by immediately, I mean mere seconds later. The action is present, right from the get go. Allie, and the other characters, are trying to come to terms with what happened in Resistance, and some are struggling more than others. Throughout the whole book, I felt as though the action was always present, and even during the brief 'lull' periods, there was still a lot happening to entertain the readers.

All throughout this series, we've seen Allie grow from a troubled teenager, into someone who knows what she wants, has discovered who she is, and is ready for responsibility. I've truly felt as though Allie has had some of the best character development I've ever seen, and the place she was in at the end of this book, and the end of the series, was the best I could hope for! The romance took somewhat of a back seat in this book, but what was there was beautiful, and the action packed events made up for this. I've not been quiet on who my OTP for the series is, and I loved how this developed.

All of the other characters we have loved, and some we haven't, for the whole series had wonderful sub-plots throughout Endgame, and their story lines all wrapped up very well, in my opinion. Quite frankly, this book tied up all the loose ends, and the book ended so well, so fulfilled, that I couldn't possibly have wished for a better ending.

Considering I hadn't even started this series before March, it has quickly become one of my all time favourite series, UKYA and otherwise. Although I am absolutely gutted that the series has ended, Endgame was the perfect series conclusion, and I couldn't be happier with the way it ended! Once again, I could not recommend this enough, and five stars feels too low for such a beautiful, wonderful novel/series.

Date Read:
May 16, 2015

Rating
5 Stars 

You Might Also Like

0 comments